The Citizen Lawyer Committee promotes the public service of attorneys in North Carolina through the Citizen Lawyer Award, which recognizes and thanks lawyers who exemplify the ideals of a citizen lawyer: public service in appointed and elected positions, work with non-profit charitable and political organizations, military service and volunteering with youth sports programs and with religious organizations.
Nominations are due annually on Dec. 15.
The following recipients of the 2014 NCBA Citizen Lawyer Award were honored in June at the NCBA Annual Meeting in Wilmington:
- Brent D. Barringer, Cary
- Judge C. Christopher Bean, Edenton
- Kathryn A. Deiter-Maradei, Raleigh
- Timothy D. Edwards, Fayetteville
- Garland Graham, Greensboro
- George V. Hanna III, Charlotte
- Heather R. Klein, Sparta
- John W. Lassiter, Charlotte
- Joseph P. McGuire, Asheville
- Charles H. Montgomery, Cary
- Nancy Borders Paschall, Gastonia
- Marshall B. Pitts Jr., Fayetteville
- Deborah K. Ross, Raleigh
- Michael F. Royster, Pilot Mountain
- Gemma L. Saluta, Winston-Salem
- Michael G. Winters, Raleigh
- Julian H. Wright Jr., Charlotte
- Georgiana L. Yonuschot, Winston-Salem
- Sarah Zambon, Hendersonville
The NCBA Citizen Lawyer Award has been presented since 2007.