Citizen Lawyer Honorees Named
The Local Bar Outreach Committee of the North Carolina Bar Association is pleased to announce the recipients of the NCBA Citizen Lawyer Award for 2017.
The 10th class of Citizen Lawyer Award recipients will be recognized at the 2017 NCBA Annual Meeting, scheduled June 22-25 at The Omni Grove Park Inn in Asheville.
The Citizen Lawyer Award was established by the North Carolina Bar Association in 2007 to recognize lawyers who provide exemplary public service to their communities.
Honorees include elected and appointed government officials, coaches, mentors and voluntary leaders of non-profit, civic and community organizations.
This year’s recipients are:
- Raymond Bretzmann, Bretzmann Law Offices, High Point
- Mittie Smith, Mittie R. Smith, Attorney at Law, High Point
- Brandon Lofton, Robinson Bradshaw & Hinson, Charlotte
- Robert Ramseur, Ragsdale Liggett, Raleigh
- Jim Morgan, Morgan Herring Morgan Green Rosenblutt & Gill, High Point
- Forrest Ferrell, Sigmon Clark Mackie Hanvey & Ferrell, Hickory
- Kathy Manning, Manning & Associates, Greensboro
- Katherine Wiggins Fisher, Battle Winslow Scott & Wiley, Rocky Mount
- Phillip Hornthal III, Hornthal Riley Ellis & Maland, Elizabeth City
- Susan Harman-Scott, Susan Harman-Scott, Attorney at Law, Manteo
- Jean Carter, McGuireWoods, Raleigh
- Ana Sofia Nunez, Fay & Grafton, Raleigh
Presentation of the awards will take place on Friday, June 23, at the Friday morning General Session.
Previous recipients of the award are denoted here.