2017 Citizen Lawyer Award Winners
The Local Bar Outreach Committee of the North Carolina Bar Association is awarding the NCBA Citizen Lawyer Award for 2017 to the recipients listed below.
The 10th class of Citizen Lawyer Award recipients will be recognized at the 2017 NCBA Annual Meeting, scheduled June 22-25 at The Omni Grove Park Inn in Asheville.
The Citizen Lawyer Award was established by the North Carolina Bar Association in 2007 to recognize lawyers who provide exemplary public service to their communities.
Honorees include elected and appointed government officials, coaches, mentors and voluntary leaders of non-profit, civic and community organizations.
The Citizen Lawyer Committee of the NCBA Young Lawyers Division, in conjunction with the NCBA Local Bar Outreach Committee, provides expanded coverage of the Citizen Lawyer Award recipients in recognition of their volunteer service and leadership in their communities and beyond. The articles are hyperlinked below.
This year’s recipients are:
- Raymond Bretzmann, Bretzmann & Aldridge, High Point
- Mittie Smith, Mittie R. Smith, Attorney at Law, High Point
- Brandon Lofton, Robinson Bradshaw & Hinson, Charlotte
- Robert Ramseur, Ragsdale Liggett, Raleigh
- James F. "Jim" Morgan, Morgan Herring Morgan Green Rosenblutt & Gill, High Point
- Forrest Ferrell, Sigmon Clark Mackie Hanvey & Ferrell, Hickory
- Kathy Manning, Manning & Associates, Greensboro
- Katherine Wiggins Fisher, Battle Winslow Scott & Wiley, Rocky Mount
- Phillip Hornthal III, Hornthal Riley Ellis & Maland, Elizabeth City
- Susan Harman-Scott, Susan Harman-Scott, Attorney at Law, Manteo
- Jean Gordon Carter, McGuireWoods, Raleigh
- Ana Sofia Nunez, Fay & Grafton, Raleigh
Presentation of the awards will take place on Friday, June 23, at the Friday morning General Session.
Previous recipients of the award are denoted here.