Citizen Lawyer Winners Selected
The Local Bar Outreach Committee of the North Carolina Bar Association has selected the recipients of the NCBA Citizen Lawyer Award for 2018. The 11th class of Citizen Lawyer Award recipients will be recognized at the 2018 NCBA Annual Meeting, scheduled June 21-24 at the Wilmington Convention Center.
The Citizen Lawyer Award recognizes lawyers who provide exemplary public service to their communities. Honorees include elected and appointed government officials, coaches, mentors and voluntary leaders of non-profit, civic and community organizations.
This year’s recipients are:
- Daniel R. Green Jr., Daniel R. Green Jr., Attorney at Law, Hickory
- Dustin T. Greene, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton, Winston-Salem
- Nicholas Long Jr., Old Republic National Title, Raleigh
- Robert B. Norris, Shumaker Loop & Kendrick, Charlotte
- Sylvia K. Novinsky, NC Pro Bono Resource Center, Raleigh
- Linda R. Oldham, Crockett Oldham Pope & Donadio, Southern Pines
- Donald C. Prentiss, Hornthal Riley Ellis & Maland, Elizabeth City
- T.J. Solomon II, Gray Layton Kersh Solomon Furr & Smith, Gastonia
- Donald R. Vaughan, Donald R. Vaughan & Associates, Greensboro
- Carlton F. Williamson, Williamson Walton & Scott, Whiteville
Presentation of the awards will take place on Thursday, June 21, at the new Annual Meeting Awards Dinner.