VP, Board Nominees Named
The 2015-16 Nominations Committee of the North Carolina Bar Association has selected its nominees for the NCBA Board of Governors. Mark Holt, chair, announced the committee’s proposed slate of vice presidents and board members at the spring meeting of the Board of Governors in Wrightsville Beach.
NCBA officers and board members also serve on the NCBA Foundation Board of Directors.
The nominees for one-year terms as vice presidents are:
- Judge Frank D. Whitney (U.S. District Court, Charlotte)
- Judge Patrice A. Hinnant (N.C. Superior Court, Greensboro)
- Judge Luis “Lou” Olivera (N.C. District Court, Fayetteville)
- Dean Suzanne Reynolds (WFU School of Law, Winston-Salem)
The nominee for a two-year term (at-large position) as vice president is:
- Erna A.P. Womble (Winston-Salem)
Nominees for three-year board terms are:
- Alexander C. Dale (Wilmington)
- Andrew Jacob “Jake” Epstein (Raleigh)
- Robert C. “Bert” Kemp III (Greenville)
- Anna S. Mills (Charlotte)
- Allison VanLaningham Mullins (Greensboro)
- Gerald L. Walden, Jr. (Greensboro)
- Kirk G. Warner (Raleigh)
Nominees for vice president will be voted upon by the current Board during a special conference call meeting on Friday, May 13. The nominees for three-year terms on the Board of Governors will stand for election at the NCBA Annual Meeting in Charlotte on Saturday, June 25.
These are new procedures that were enacted through amendments to the NCBA Bylaws last summer. To accommodate an inadvertent error regarding the timeline for collecting additional nominations for three-year Board terms, a special deadline of June 3, 2016, has been set for submitting additional nominations this year.
There are additional requirements for submitting nominations. Click here to access the revised bylaws.