Administrative Law Section Award For Excellence
The purpose of this award is to honor an outstanding Administrative Law Section attorney as an exemplar of the excellence, dedication and passion for administrative and/or regulatory law. The recipient of this award shall be selected from among nominated active, practicing Administrative Law Section attorneys, and must meet the following criteria:
- The attorney must currently be practicing administrative or regulatory law and must have at least ten (10) years of recent, continuous experience in such practice.
- The attorney must be a current member of the NCBA and its Administrative Law Section.
- The attorney must have an exemplary record and reputation in the legal community, and must follow the highest ethical standards.
- The attorney must have an exemplary record of active participation in efforts to improve the administrative and regulatory process for regulators, the regulated public, the citizens of North Carolina and in the interests of justice.
- The attorney must be a resident of the state of North Carolina and must also be nominated by a member in good standing of the North Carolina Bar Association.
Please submit your nominations using the form below. Single-spaced, typewritten answers are preferred, with a double space between paragraphs. This is an annual award. To be considered, a nominee must be nominated in the same year the award is to be given. Please note that the nominee will be asked to confirm information provided.