Grainger Barrett Award for Excellence
The purpose of this award is to honor an outstanding government or public sector attorney as an exemplar of the excellence, dedication and passion for justice of North Carolina’s government and public sector attorneys. The recipient of this annual award shall be selected from among nominated active, practicing government or public sector attorneys, and must meet the following criteria:
- The attorney must have at least five years of recent, continuous practice in public sector law.
- The attorney must have an exemplary record and reputation in the legal community, and must follow the highest ethical standards.
- The attorney must have an exemplary record of community service.
- The attorney must be an exemplar of the quiet excellence of North Carolina’s government and public sector attorneys.
Complete the form below to nominate an individual. Please provide information on the following:
- Describe the career of the nominee, including background and scope of his/her professional duties.
- Describe his/her contributions to the community.
- Describe his/her exceptional achievement or accomplishment in his/her chosen field.
- List honors, awards and other recognition of the nominee’s contribution in any of the areas above.