New Board Members Elected
The members of the North Carolina Bar Association, convening Saturday morning, June 25, for the second General Session of the 2016 Annual Meeting in Charlotte, elected seven new members to the Board of Governors.
The new board members, who will also serve as directors of the NCBA Foundation, were elected by acclamation. They will serve three-year terms concluding in 2019.
New members of the NCBA Board of Governors and NCBA Foundation Board of Directors are:
- Alexander C. Dale, Ward and Smith, Wilmington;
- Andrew Jacob “Jake” Epstein, The Epstein Law Firm, Raleigh;
- Robert C. “Bert” Kemp III, Chief Public Defender for Pitt County, Greenville;
- Anna S. Mills, The Van Winkle Law Firm, Charlotte;
- Allison Mullins, Turning Point Litigation Mullins Duncan, Greensboro;
- Gerald L. Walden Jr., Assistant General Counsel, The Fresh Market, Inc., Greensboro; and
- Kirk G. Warner, Smith Anderson, Raleigh.
The Board of Governors earlier elected new vice presidents who will also serve on the NCBA Foundation Board of Directors.
Elected to serve one-year terms were:
- Chief Judge Frank D. Whitney, U.S. District Court, Western District N.C., Charlotte;
- Judge Patrice A. Hinnant, N.C. Superior Court, 18th Judicial District, Greensboro;
- Judge Luis “Lou” Olivera, N.C. District Court, 12th Judicial District, Fayetteville; and
- Dean Suzanne Reynolds, Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston-Salem.
Elected to serve a two-year term (at-large position) was:
- Erna A.P. Womble, Clearly Bespoke Strategies, Inc., Winston-Salem